Amélie discovers that baby moves quite a lot at the moment.
Below are a few photos of the nursery – as it stands at the moment. It’s still “le bordel” – but we’re nearly finished. Perhaps just as well, as baby is due 1st June!!!
On the left are the lambris, which have been a major headache to put up – but well worth the effort. I have added insulation behind the wood between the batons holding it all onto the wall.
The window needs painting, as does the bedroom door – which is in the garage. Yesterday, I added the first coat of varnish onto the lambris (2nd coat will be today) – while Isa removed a large poster that was glued to the whole of the back of the bedroom door. We used a product that makes removing glued or pasted paper/wallpaper fairly easily.
We had to remove all the shelving from the built in wardrobe, to paint them in the garage. On the right we have 5 adjustable shelves to add. On the left, behind the folding door is a rail for hanging clothes. We’ll perhaps have to store baby stuff elsewhere, there isn’t room in the wardrobe for everything.
One of the two handles on the wardrobe doors.
My BIL came to install the new light and light switch, leaving me put up the ceiling tiles. Once we’ve finished the room I’ll post some new photos, along with a video of how the room looked before we started (Brown and horrible).
Here’s a photo of Thumpah and Chipie taken this morning. I’m pleased to report that Maman is doing very well. 😉