Starting subframe preparations

So today started to attack the front subframe and the front cross member. The latter holds the front dash and the bonnet lock. This member is rusty at each end, behind the headlights.

On the subframe itself the rust is on the front corners and mainly on the offside, under the CVT unit. Much of it caused by defective soundproofing, which I have removed. This will need replacing at some point.

So the next job will be to give everything a good clean, before spraying on some rust converter. I think primer undercoat and Hammerite top coat will be the way to go. The exterior protection bars were so treated and they’ve stayed in an excellent condition since last Autumn, when I did them.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *